Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Prayer Walking as God told me to.

So as I am seeking a move of God that has been promised to me for over 10 years God has returned me to the city where the promise was made.  Over the last 10 years I have learned a lot about what God is calling me to and how to do what he has called me to do. I have prayer walked a lot and lets be honest it wasn't that difficult except for the walking part. But the kind of prayer walk HE is calling me to now is not what I am used to in a prayer walk.  Let me show you what I am talking about. Below in the next Paragraph and following is the prayer walk that God has called me too.  I must preface it by saying that He has given me a specific area to walk and it is all of the Kanawha Valley and even some beyond.  This is the thing that had me so full of question and concern yesterday but I will do What ever he ask of me. I will pay even this price for the awakening that he has promised me.

Was praying about prayer walking and God began to give me strange things to do and wear as part of this prayer walk that will continue beyond the Kanawha Valley. These are the things that He has told me to do and wear and the spiritual reasons behind them.


1. Wear no watch. Time does not exist in the Kingdom of Heaven. We as a nation are to worried about time management. Even in the church kingdom we talk about being good stewards of the time God gave us. God wants us only to concentrate on Him and to tarry Isaiah 40: 30&31 “Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.” Habakkuk 2:1-3 “I will stand my watch And set myself on the rampart, And watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected. 2 Then the Lord answered me and said: "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.”
2. Wear the robes of a prophet and sandals on your feet. This one really was hard for me so I asked God why and the response I get is that one of the enemy’s greatest strongholds in the life of the church is pride. We as a people are very concerned with image and what other people think of us so he is calling me to dress in a way that will to most make me a laughing stock. How can you fear what man will think of you when you are doing things and dressing in ways that are not considered normal by the society that you dwell in. Scriptures for this are Proverbs 29:23 “A man's pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor.” Mark 6:7-11 “ And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits. 8 He commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff--no bag, no bread, no copper in their money belts-- 9 but to wear sandals, and not to put on two tunics. 10 Also He said to them, "In whatever place you enter a house, stay there till you depart from that place. 11 And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!"
3. Carry a staff. God actually told me that I was to start this process by finding the staff he has for me. He will lead me to a staff that is to be set aside for spiritual warfare specifically prayer walking. See scripture above Mark 6 and Exodus 4:17 “And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.”
4. As you go you will stop at the center of every block or in the rural areas at every intersection and you will bow down with your face to the earth and pray out loud the following prayer: Father God as an ambassador of the Kingdom of heaven I declare to the prince of the power of the air, to all principalities, powers, rulers of darkness in high places, and every other demonic force that this community is part of the Kingdom of Heaven. As such I bind every stronghold that you demonic forces have erected over this community and I Lose a fresh revelation of Jesus Christ over the community and those that work and dwell in it. As one who has authority to speak for the King of Heaven I declare this community under the dominion of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. God I ask you to send the Host of heaven to seal this declaration in the heavenlies. In King Jesus name, Amen.
Isaiah 60: 1-3 “Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. 2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. 3 The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.”
5. Finally God told me that at every house of worship I was to stop and walk around it 7 times counter clockwise and Declare to the spirits of Pride, Apathy, Self righteousness and Religion that the Kingdom of Heaven takes back its Territory and that I was to pray that the Shekinah Glory of God was to fill each place. I was finally to pray for revelation and wisdom to the Shepherd of the house and Declare that Kingdom Principles are in effect at that house. Also I am to record the name of each house and attempt to gain an appointment with the pastor and pray with him and for him at a later time.
If  I walk alone or with others this is what must be done to break the spirits of Pride, apathy and fear off of the places that God is about to bring revival. I start in the Kanawha Valley but God has already told me that I am to continue beyond the valley and that before he releases me from walking I will walk the entire Main Land of America and beyond. As opportunities to preach come to other cities I will do that but part of that will be walking their city and communities in the same manner.

So today starts the process today God is sending me on a walk in the woods to find the staff.  He specifically told me to go to Kanawha State Forest and walk the trails and that He would show me the staff to pick. Why there I asked.  The answer is two fold one it is in the Kanawha valley and two it is a state park connecting in to the larger walk through the state.   So tomorrow the tale of the staff.

1 comment:

  1. George, prayers are with you as you seek your staff. I know deep down that God has a plan for you, you just need to take time to let him show you and you will see it. :)

    Love you!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete