Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Search for the Staff

Well today was the day. After a week of various reasons for not getting out to Kanawha State Forest, I finally made it.  Scripture says "Ask and it shall be given unto you, Seek and you shall find...." Matthew 7:7 and I know it to be true however as we started driving into the forest I just said a simple prayer "Show me where to go God."  Then we started driving down the road looking for the place that God would tell us "enter the woods here". That was not what happened. We get about three quarters of the way into the park and on the left there is a break in the woods. I hear God say "It's there on the left."

 As I looked left into the break I saw a chain across the entrance to the clearing and laying against the chain, a small limb about 8ft long. "There it is" I tell my wife and proceed to back up to just before the clearing and pull of the road. I get out and  grab the limb and try to put it in the car and find that it is too long so I break it off at the straightest place and but it in the car. All told we were in the park about 15-20 minutes. I just couldn't believe how easy it was. As I am turning around to leave the park my wife who was going to go on the search with me said, "Well that was kind of disappointing I thought we were going to have to hike through the woods." 

So the adventure has begun. Next comes preparing the limb to be a staff. I will start working on that process tomorrow. Of course I will blog about it and take some photo's to keep you involved in the process. Also I am feeling lead to post a Bible study on the significance of a staff in the Bible. Some people have asked my why on earth do you need a staff for this prayer walk? Hopefully that study will answer that question.
To those who have contacted me and told me they are praying for me I really appreciate that. To those who told me they want to walk some with me I will let you know when the walking begins. But first I must make all the preparations that God is giving to me. I will take you all with me on this journey and we will see what God can Do!!!

Until next time, May God draw you into a desperate hunger for HIM.
Pastor George McVey

No comments:

Post a Comment